Join Our Passionate Team
SLA Management is a custom school food service management company dedicated to providing high-quality, nutritious and cost-efficient meal programs to the K-12 academic community.
SLA Management is looking for a dedicated and reliable Cafeteria Cook for one of our school’s cafeterias. This candidate will be part of a great team that is always looking to improve the students’ lunch experience. Applicants must enjoy working in a school setting and provide a positive and uplifting meal experience.
Our goal at SLA Management is to always provide students with the best 30 minutes of their day!
About the Position
This is a full-time position that follows the 180-day school year calendar. Our employees do not work nights, weekends or holidays. Our meal programs are very successful and a rewarding experience.
The ideal candidate for the position of Cafeteria Cook will possess the following qualities:
- Must feel comfortable standing for long periods of time and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Must be a team player with a positive and upbeat attitude.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Must be able to pass a nationwide criminal background check.
- Must be able to withstand warm or heated temperatures.
- Must have allergy awareness.
The responsibilities of the Cafeteria Cook will be delegated by the Café Manager. Daily duties will include:
- Utilizing commercial kitchen equipment in the preparation and cooking of menu items.
- Preparing food by washing, cutting, chopping, slicing, mixing and assembling it.
- Assisting in serving food on the service line.
About SLA Management
After 20 years, we’ve learned a thing or two. We understand every school is unique and requires an individualized approach to its food service program. We pride ourselves on being pioneers in our industry, providing customized meal service programs to every school we serve. Learn more about our story.
Want to be a part of our team?
We’d love to hear from you or answer any questions you may have on the open Cafeteria Cook position.
Fill out this form to take the next step in your career!